The Emergency Rental Assistance Program provides financial assistance to eligible households for the payment of rent, rental arrears, utilities (electricity, gas, water and sewer, trash removal), home energy costs (fuel oil), Internet services and other expenses. Funds expire on September 30, 2022.
Do you live in Chatham County and need financial assistance due to effects from COVID-19? You may be eligible.
Who is eligible to receive assistance?
Tenants and Landlords on behalf of that eligible household are eligible to apply. Resources for homeowners financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic are not covered with this funding.
The primary applicant should be the signee on the lease agreement and/or utility invoice. All applicants should provide documentation as proof of need.
Tenants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You must reside within Chatham County area;
- One or more individuals within the household is at risk of experiencing homelessness, housing instability or eviction;
- Your household income does not exceed 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI) (The estimated Median Income for the Savannah, GA area is $72,000);
- One or more individuals in the household has qualified for unemployment benefits or experienced a loss of income, or other financial hardship due to COVID-19.
- Your household has not received or will not receive any other assistance for the same costs. Duplicate assistance is not permitted.
Are you ready to apply?
To start the application for the rental assistance program please contact any of these Providers:
- United Way of the Coastal Empire (UWCE) – Dial 211 or (912) 651-7730 or go online to https://uwce.org/ccera/
- Economic Opportunity Authority of Savannah-Chatham County (EOA) – Dial (912) 438-8077 or go online to https://eoarentalassistance.itfrontdesk.com/
Other Housing Services:
If your household has been temporarily or permanently displaced from your primary residence due to the COVID-19 and facing homelessness, you may be eligible to apply for an apartment shelter. You should contact Family Promise of the Coastal Empire, Inc. directly at: https://www.familypromisesavannah.org/